Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #6

20 September 2013


So I'm more or less up to date Kathy Reichs wise now! Yay! I just have the latest book to read, but thats only just come out so the queue for it at the library is quite long. I found this book to be pretty disturbing in places, more so than Kathy Reichs usually is. This focused around the deaths of three babies though, and the books are usually based around adults. I appreciate the shake up, but it was quite hard to stomach in places. Still well worth a read if this series is your sort of thing, but I still have the same niggles regarding the main characters private life. In the previous book her daughter joined the army, but in this book we don't get any updates on that. There are no further updates regarding her divorce/Pete's wedding either. KEEP US IN THE LOOP KATHY.

Nicola's rating: 3/5






I really enjoyed the Chaos Walking Trilogy and A Monster Calls, so I've wanted to read this for a while, and have only just got around to buying it for my kindle. It's kind of a fairytale/myth with a modern retelling, and it is written fantastically. It tells the story of George, and how he discovers a crane (the bird type, not a building site jobby) in his garden one night. What happens next is all magical and stuff, so I'll leave that to you guys to read about. While I did enjoy how this was written, I felt a bit underwhelmed by the book in general, and its hard to put my finger on why. I feel like it would have helped me to know the actual myth behind the story, but that isn't ever revealed. I just wasn't as impressed as I expected to be. I would still recommend his previous novels though, and I've not sworn him off forever.

Nicola's rating: 2/5





 This is another series that I have been reading for a while, and I have to say, its getting weird. The main character is Betsy, who also happens to be queen of the vampires. So far, a lot of crazy stuff has happened, including Betsy messing with time and ending up in a parallel universe which is starting to get pretty damn confusing. This is the 12th book in the series, and they did start out really good fun, I just think that maybe the crazy needs turning down a notch. 

Nicola's rating: 2/5

Apologies for this being a day late, I've been ill with a cold for the past 2 days, but regular blogging will be starting up shortly :)

Thanks for reading! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment