Image Map

Nails of the Day #1 Essie Sleek Sticks

10 September 2013

 So this is my first Nails of the Day post! I don't tend to paint my nails very often as they chip really easily at work. I really need a better topcoat. However, the product I'm reviewing today isn't nail polish! It's the super snazzy Essie Sleek Sticks which I received in my July Glossybox. I was a bit sceptical about these initially, as I've tried to use a similar product before and found myself flailing about all over the place. 





I have to say, I found these much easier to use than I thought they would be. Clearly, my application is not fantastic, as demonstrated by the above picture, but this is definitely something that you would get better at with practise. The stickers come in many different sizes, so you pick the size that most closely matches your nail, and then stick it down. Using the file provided, you file the extra sticker off, leaving a nicely finished manicure style nail design. I did find that it was particularly tricky to file around the bubbly bits, as those didn't really want to separate.



 



 These would be ideal for a night out, but I can't say I could see them lasting much longer than that.They seemed to peel off quite easily, but maybe if you used a topcoat it might help to keep them a bit longer.






I really loved the little sparkly bubble details on these, and would probably purchase them for a night out! You can purchase the Sleek Sticks here for $10.25.


Thanks for reading :) xxx


1 comment: