Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #4

06 September 2013


So has anyone reading this been watching the BBC's adaptation of The White Queen? It was brilliant, I thought they did a fantastic job. This book was released just as the series ended, and it picks up neatly from where The White Queen finished. It follows Elizabeth into her marriage with Henry VII to ally York and Lancaster and end the cousin's war. I really enjoyed this book, sometimes Philippa Gregory can be a bit hit and miss, but this is definitely one of her best books for a while. If historical fiction is your thing, I'd recommend this!

Nicola's rating: 5/5





I was so excited to read this book. I'm a massive Kelley Armstrong fan, and as her Otherworld series has just finished, I was really keen to see what her new series would be like. I was not disappointed! This story follows a 24 year old woman who discovers that she is adopted, and that her biological parents are serial killers. OR ARE THEY?! It's sort of a crime/thriller, with supernatural elements thrown in, which is very much my cup of tea. I can't wait to see where this series is heading! 

Nicola's rating: 4/5


Still only two books this week, I have nearly finished the one I'm reading at the moment though, so maybe I can get three in for next week!

Thanks for reading :) xxx

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Philippa Gregory book, but I watched the series and her documentary, and thought both were superb. I am currently reading Paul Kendall's Richard III, which agrees with most of the ideas put forward in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the documentary, I'll have to see if it's still available on iPlayer.

      Delete