Image Map

Glossybox November 2013

17 November 2013

After last months disappointing box, I've been rooting for Glossybox to pull it together for November! I received my box on Tuesday, and here are my thoughts!





Connock London Kukui Eau de Parfum
A lot of people complain about the perfume samples received in beauty boxes, and I have to say, I do think its a bit of a swizz. But on the other hand, trying out new perfumes isn't something I do an awful lot, and it's quite nice to get the chance to experiment. This perfume is a little too floral for me. I tend to prefer fruity scents, so this will probably not get used! (I actually gave this away to a friend before I could photograph it!)


Elegant Touch Nail Polish Remover Pads 
These don't really need any explanation. I'm looking forward to trying them out though, as I normally use a cheap remover and cotton wool, and tend to get in a right mess. This seems like a much quicker and easier solution. This is also quite affordable, at £2 per pot.



Vichy Idealia Life Serum
So, there's been a lot of hype surrounding this product. I don't entirely get it, but it's apparently a super awesome skin moisturiser that makes you look a zillion years younger. I might be exaggerating slightly. I'm sort of intrigued by this because I want to see if it is worth the hype, but I honestly have to say that I'm pretty sceptical. A lot of moisturisers out there boast about having super magical skin powers, and I don't seem to see the difference :\ I'll have to keep you posted! I received two samples of the Life Serum and a sample of the Smoothing and Illuminating cream.


Emite Make Up Micronized Eyeshadow
Yay! Make up in a Glossybox! This is a very pale shimmery pink eyeshadow, and is a full size product. According to Glossybox, this retails for £16.80. Which strikes me as INSANE. It's a tiny eyeshadow! But if you read the description, it soon becomes obvious why this product is ridiculously expensive. "Emite Micronized Eye Shadow is completely free from oil, nickel, parabens and perfume. The pigment is micronized to facilitate application and to create an even and lasting result". I don't know what micronizing is, but it sounds pricey. These shadows are also apparently ideal for people with sensitive eyes, so thats a bonus. Obviously, this isn't the kind of product that I would buy all the time, but I'm looking forward to trying it out! 

 



Yves Rocher France Hand Cream

Finally, my favourite item from the box! I absolutely love this hand cream. The scent is cocoa and raspberry, and it is divine. It smells so good, I really want to eat it. Not only does it smell fantastic, but it sinks into your hands really easily, and leaves them so soft! This is definitely going to become a staple in my handbag for winter, as I do tend to suffer from dry skin. Plus, this is a full size product. 



Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my Glossybox this month. I think they've done well to include a couple of expensive items (Vichy and Emite) and rounded it off with useful, cheap items (Elegant Touch and Yves Rocher). Reading the Glossy magazine has been pretty interesting too, as I see that Glossybox are releasing a limited edition Christmas box, which will be available from November 20th (PAYDAY!) so I will definitely be having a good look at that!




What do you think of this month's box? Has Glossybox upped it's game from last month?




1 comment: