Image Map

Special Edition Christmas Glossybox

14 December 2013

I wasn't really sure about getting this box after Glossybox revealed what would be in it. I'm still not 100% sure that I shouldn't have just saved my pennies to be honest!



The box is beautifully presented. I love the glamorous black and gold design, and the pretty Glossybox ribbon!


 
I'm going to start with my least favourite item and work my way up, so I'll start with the Be a Bombshell bronzer in Tanorexic. That sentence says it all really. This is listed as a blusher on the card, which is disappointing. I'd have much preferred a blusher. Also, is it just me, or is it slightly insensitive to name a bronzer 'Tanorexic'? This will probably be binned. I don't know anyone that would use it, and I certainly won't be. This is full size, and is worth £9.95


 
Next up is the Absolute! perfume stick. This is a very strong floral scent and I'm pretty sure this is going to end up in a present for my grandmother! Not my sort of thing at all. This is worth £9.50.




I received the EuPhidra lip gloss in a very sheer looking shade. It's got quite a bit of glitter to it though, which I didn't manage to pick up very well in the pictures unfortunately. I like the scent too, it's quite a strong vanilla. This is full-size and worth £11.90.





I received the Butter London nail lacquer in Tee Total. I'm not really impressed by the shade to be honest. It's just a very plain chocolate brown, not something I'd have normally picked for myself and not a colour I would associate with Christmas. Here I've applied two coats, and it's still quite streaky. This is full-size and worth £12.




Lovely bit of Christmas tree bokeh going on here :)

I also got the Philip B African Shea Butter shampoo. I'm quite excited to try this out as shampoo is a hair product that I won't just put on a shelf and forget about. It doesn't seem to have a particularly powerful scent, but I have a slight cold so my nose is a bit bunged up haha! 


 
Finally, we have the So Susan Luminizer. I really like this, it's very shimmery and will look gorgeous on the skin. I've swatched it on my hand and a little really does go a long way, which is good as my sample seems to be more or less empty. This is full-size and is worth £25.



I had a bit of a job capturing the shimmer but you can sort of see it.

Well as I've written this, I've sort of talked myself into disliking the box more than I originally thought I did! The box just doesn't really feel like a particularly Christmassy box to me, and to have 'full-size' samples that are pretty much empty is a bit of a swizz. I'm hoping that the standard December box is a little bit more impressive, and I'm not sure that I'll be bothering with any more of the limited edition boxes. After December's box, I should have enough Glossydots for a free January box. Depending on what that's like, I might very well cancel and sign up with either Birchbox or Love Me Beauty. People seem to be a lot more satisfied with those!

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of Birchbox! I do miss getting Glossybox every month but sometimes the boxes just are not worth the money :(

    ReplyDelete