Image Map

Bourjois Goodies!

11 December 2013

I've had this selection of goodies sitting around for a while, because I bought them just before I got sick. Boots were running a promotion with Bourjois which offered a free make up set worth £29 if you spent £15 on Bourjois make up. I've never owned any Bourjois stuff before, despite lusting after the adorable little pots of blusher and eye shadow, so I decided to get stuck in!
 
 



I picked up the Color Boost lip crayon in Plum Russian and one of the cute little blushers in Jasper Rose. The blush is a lovely peachy pink, which works well with my pale skin. I love the little brush that comes with it! Very cute. Also, I'm not sure if it's just me but this blush seemed to be lightly scented. Sort of vanilla-y?





And because I'm currently obsessed with lip crayons and berry shades (along with everyone else this winter!) I had to grab this! It's more glossy than I thought it would be, and the colour is gorgeous. Very wearable for daytime and into the evening. I didn't notice that this had any particular flavour, and I've not tried it out enough to get a feel for how moisturising it is.



Swatches!


 
 
Onto the freebies! The set included a Smoky Eyes mini palette, 3D effect lip gloss, a mascara and a nail polish. Altogether, these are meant to give you the ultimate glam holiday look. I haven't tried them all on together, but I've given them a go individually.
 


 
I was intrigued by the gloss, as I was expecting it to have the standard rounded applicator, but it actually has a tiny brush. I'm not sure how I feel about the brush really. It does help to get the gloss precisely where you want it for outlining, but it also smears the gloss when you apply it onto the inner part of your lips. It's incredibly pigmented though, and I could definitely see myself using it at christmas parties.
 
 






 
 
This trio of eye shadows is great. It definitely does what it says on the tin! I was really surprised when swatching these to see just how smoky they really are. My favourite shade out of the three is probably the middle one, and I'm quite keen to experiment with all of these for the ultimate smoky eye!
 


 
 
I've got to admit, I was apprehensive about this mascara. When I saw the size of the brush, I thought I was going to have trouble. I don't know why I can't get on with the bigger brushes, I just always seem to stab myself in the eye more frequently! But I was pleasantly surprised. The mascara applies quite well, and definitely gave my lashes some added volume. I'm not quite sure it's replaced my beloved Lancome though!




And finally, this lovely red polish! I'm hoping to crack this open for a nails of the day post in the next couple of weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for that. You can't beat red nails at christmas!



 
 
 
Did you take up Boots on this offer? Do you like Bourjois make up?







1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried this brand yet. But after reading your post will surely give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete