Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #49

18 July 2014





This is the final book in Cassandra Clare's debut series, The Mortal Instruments. I've been waiting what's felt like forever to read it, so long that I couldn't really remember what had happened in the previous five books! Luckily, the book is written in such a way that I soon remembered the majority of what had happened, and was straight pulled back into the world of Shadowhunters and demons. We follow Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Alec and Simon on a dangerous journey to take on Sebastian and his army of 'Endarkened' for the last time. This book had me hooked from the start, and even though it was sad to say goodbye to the main characters from this series, there's already the promise of a new journey with Cassandra Clare's next series which is due to start with the first book next year.





This is the eighth book in the Outlander series, and follows pretty much straight on from the end of the seventh book. This was a bit disorienting as I read that a few years ago, so it took me a while to remember what had happened! Claire and Jamie are struggling to negotiate living through the Civil War in America, whilst her time-travelling daughter and son-in-law are on a frantic search through time to find their young son Jem. I found this book a bit less exciting than the previous novels in the series, I had a sense of constantly waiting for something big to happen, and then was a bit disappointed when the book ended. Even more disappointingly, I'll probably have to wait another four years for the next one! Boo!


Nicola's rating: 3.5./5


 

No comments:

Post a Comment