Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #48

11 July 2014




I've really gotten into this series from J.K. Rowling. This is the second book written as Robert Galbraith, that follows the detective Cormoran Strike. This time, he's investigating the disappearance of an author, who made plenty of enemies both before and after writing his scandalous novel, Bombyx Mori. The novel was sent to his editor as a draft who accidentally forwarded it on to a publishing company, even though it contained characters closely resembling those close to the author in a less than appealing light. Once Cormoran discovers the body of the author, the race is on to catch a brutal and calculated killer. This book had me gripped from beginning to finish, and I'm absolutely loving how the series is developing. I can't wait for more!


Nicola's rating: 4/5





I think this book slightly suffered from me reading Cormoran Strike right before. It's a new series from Elizabeth Haynes, following DCI Louisa Smith as she tries to uncover the twisted link between a murder of a young woman, and a suicide. I'd not read anything by this author before, but I felt that the book was very rushed in places, and not really laid out very well. There were also initially a lot of characters which I found hard to keep track of. Perhaps under other circumstances I might have enjoyed it more, but it felt flat after reading The Silkworm.


Nicola's rating: 2.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment