Image Map

Glossybox - April and May 2014

11 June 2014


I seriously have a beauty box problem. I had an email from Glossybox a couple of days ago offering the coveted May box along with a free box if I subscribed for three months. So here I am, I've been suckered back in to Glossybox for the next 3 months!





The free box turned out to be the April box which not many people were impressed by, and I can see why. The box looks empty when you open it, and the products inside really aren't all that impressive. The Monu massage oil will probably come in handy, as I will do anything for a back rub and the ginger scent is quite nice. 




I'm pretty disappointed by the MeMeMe highlighter. I'm not really into them as a brand, I tried a tint from them before and really didn't like it, so this will be going straight in the up for grabs album! 




Dry shampoos aren't really my thing either, so this will probably also end up being given away, along with this lip brush from Emite. I already have plenty of brushes so this isn't something that I really need. 



 

The Unica cream is something that I am willing to try, but it's such a small sample I'm not sure I'll get much of an idea of how good the cream is for my skin. 




Now that the most disappointing bit is over, onto the May box. This box is a collaboration with Superdrug as it's their 50th birthday this year. I've seen a lot of really good boxes on various blogs so I was quite excited to see what I would get in mine!

To get the bad stuff out of the way, the bronzer. Not my kind of thing at all. I tend to stick with just being pale all year round as I just can't be bothered with fake tan, so this will be given away.




I'm also less than impressed with this nail candy thing. Nail art is something that I've just never managed to get my head around, but I know plenty of people who do it and are actually good at it so I'm sure I'll be able to fling this in their direction!




Another set of false eyelashes for my collection that will sadly never get used. I've just never managed to get the hang of these but hopefully someone I know will be able to give them a good home. 




Finally, something I can actually keep! I love Simple and I hadn't realised that this was a product that Glossybox were including in the May boxes, so this was a really good surprise! I can't wait to try it out.




We also received a full size lipstick from B. I got the shade Petal, and it's a lovely soft pink and promises to be moisturising as well so it sounds perfect for me.




There were also two bonuses in the box in the form of a sample of Ghost's fragrance and a sachet of Garnier's body oil. The perfume smells really nice, it's got some lovely fruity tones to it which I love so I'll be keeping this! I've also heard a lot of good things about this body oil and it's a really decent sized sachet so I'm pretty pleased with it.




Overall, I feel like I haven't received amazing boxes from Glossybox. These definitely haven't convinced me to carry on with my subscription after my 3 month-stint ends, but I'm quite excited to see what the June and July boxes hold! 



4 comments:

  1. The B. lipstick shade you received looks very pretty :) x

    Telina | Love, Telina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you haven't got things you like in the boxes :( Hope next ones will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It;s so easy to get sucked into subscriptions - I know it works on me every time! :) Shame about the boxes not being great though, hopefully the next ones will be an improvement! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully the other boxes are better. :( I love false lashes, and a lot of good reviews for eylure, but I really hate them for some reason! The lipstick does look beautiful though, so at least that's something!

    ReplyDelete