Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #51

01 August 2014





The next book in Richelle Mead's Age of X series, this book follows Justin and Mae as they venture into enemy territory on a diplomatic mission. I really struggled to get into this one, it seemed to take a really long time to get going and then not an awful lot happened. I'm hoping that this book was just suffering as it appears to be the second book in a trilogy, I really like the concept of a futuristic setting but with gods from all cultures becoming involved in the lives of humans. Hopefully the next book will be a bit more action packed!


Nicola's rating: 3/5




Quite a few people have recommended Rainbow Rowell's books to me previously but this was the first one I managed to get my grubby paws on! This story is about two teenagers who slowly start to communicate through sharing comic books and music, and eventually fall in love. It really is a very bittersweet story and I feel like it's been a great introduction into the world of Rainbow Rowell, I definitely want to try her other books! Hopefully I'll get time before my degree starts!


Nicola's rating: 4/5 





Stephanie Plum is back and this time she's on the hunt for a used-car dealership owner and a Russian assassin who has his sights set on Ranger. Unfortunately I'm beginning to find these very samey. The earlier books in the series used to make me laugh out loud but I don't even tend to crack a smile with the newer books. The series definitely needs something to liven it up a bit, I'm just not sure what. It would help if Stephanie would finally make a decision between Morelli and Ranger, there's only so much dithering a readership can take!


Nicola's rating: 3/5



1 comment:

  1. ooh great post - i desperately need to read more as i keep opting for my laptop when i have a whole stack of 10+ books i haven't touched!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete