Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #27

15 February 2014




This book took me so long to read! I've had a really busy couple of weeks which has meant not much time for reading, and this was a really fat book. It was definitely fat for a reason though, as we are introduced to several new viewpoints (Asha, Arys, Arianne, and Victarion to name a few) and LOADS happens. Obviously I'm not going to go into too much detail because of spoilers, but this book has definitely made me see why people have such a love/hate relationship with George R. R. Martin. There are at least 3 characters that have been left in spectacular cliffhangers (BRIENNE!) and I'm not convinced that the next book will put me out of my misery. I absolutely loved reading this though, and I can't wait to sink my teeth into the next book.


Nicola's rating: 4/5





This is the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which I read on my kindle. These books are illustrated with vintage photographs which really adds to the stories in my opinion. I was quite keen to get this from the library as opposed to buying it on my kindle though, as I felt that the photos would probably be more effective in paper. At the end of the first book the children had escaped their island after rescuing Miss Peregrine (in bird form) from the wights. The sequel picks up directly from the end of the first book, and follows the children on their journey to try and help Miss Peregrine change back into her human form. These books are really hard to properly describe because they're so weird. The children use 'loops' to travel in time, and all have their own unique ability. If you're in the mood for something a little different, I'd suggest giving this a go.


Nicola's rating: 3/5





2 comments:

  1. The cover of Hollow City looks quite eerie. Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a Kindle...it's probably the next piece of technology to purchase for me...but there is something about flipping the page of a book that I would probably miss! And going to the library and checking out books is fun! :) ♥b

    Brittany's Secret

    ReplyDelete