Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #3

30 August 2013

Last week I didn't read as much as I wanted to, partly because I was pretty busy both at work and at home, and partly because I was attempting to read this beast of a book, which has taken me AGES.





This the last book in a trilogy, and it is 920 pages long. I've read longer books, but seriously. It's pretty fat. Citadel is set during WWII, and focuses on the struggle of the resistance in France during the occupation. It's different from the other books in the trilogy, as those were set both in the present, and in the past. I think I probably preferred that format, and so it took me quite a while to get into this one. I also personally really struggle to read about WWII. I just find it quite upsetting, so all in all, this book was never going to be really enjoyable for me! I do think the trilogy is worth a read if historical fiction is your thing, but I'm not entirely sure I'll be reading anything else by this author.


Nicola's rating: 2/5







This is a series that I really, really love. It's the basis for the television series 'Bones', which I have never watched. I really need to get round to that at some point! The books follow a forensic anthropologist and her various antics. She inevitably ends up being abducted/kidnapped at the ending of every book, but even if they are predictable, they're really entertaining. I would definitely recommend them to people who are into the thriller/crime genre. They can get quite in depth with the science and technology used, but it's not something to worry about if that kind of thing goes right over your head.


Nicola's rating: 4/5


 And that's it for this week, it's been a  bit of a slow one again reading-wise! Hopefully I'll be able to get some more done next week, but I'm not counting on it.

Thanks for reading :) xxx 





No comments:

Post a Comment