Image Map

Weekly Book Round Up #1

16 August 2013

This is where I get to talk about the stuff I have read this week! It's gonna be a bit of a muddle because I only started this blog a few days ago, so some of these I technically read last week, but whatever.




Okay, so this is the first of my mini reviews. This book, I will start out by saying, IS MESSED UP. Seriously. Not in a gross way, but in a I'm-messing-with-your-mind way. I did not know which way was up when I was reading this, and for that alone, I would suggest that you read it. It's definitely the kind of book that makes you want to hash it out with other people, very thought provoking. It is a mystery/thriller, and the basic synopsis is that Nick's wife has gone missing, and it looks an awful lot like he killed her. That is all I'm gonna say. Otherwise I will have a verbal meltdown like I did the other day when I tried to discuss this book with my husband and best friend.

Nicola's rating: 4/5




This is book three in a young adult series. I find them very easy reading and enjoyable, pure escapism really. Alyson Noel's novels tend to lean towards spiritual elements, which probably wouldn't appeal to everyone. I find that I just go with it and don't over think it too much. The story is based around a girl called Daire, who is a Soul Seeker. Her destiny is tied up with that of her ancestors, in that she has to try and defeat the evil Richter family. I'm certainly interested in finding out where the story will head next after reading this one!

Nicola's rating: 3/5





This novel was a pleasant surprise. Tessa Gratton is someone I have read before and enjoyed, so I was eager to read her latest offering. The book is set in a modern day USA, except its now called the United States of Asgard. Nearly everyone worships Norse Gods such as Loki, Thor and Baldur. I was expecting to find this quite boring, as I don't know a lot about Norse mythology at all, but it is entertaining from beginning to end. The book is based around a quest to retrieve a missing God, and naturally there is romance and adventure along the way. I would definitely recommend this to adults and young adults.

Nicola's rating: 4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment