Image Map

Love Me Beauty Box-January 2014

26 January 2014

I've been eagerly awaiting January's Love Me Beauty box since I managed to nab the December one for cheaps earlier this month, and it's finally here! The first thing I thought when I picked up the box was 'Wow this is heavy!' I am so impressed with whats been included in this box, and I have to say, Glossybox and Birchbox are going to have to work pretty hard to beat this.



This time around I picked up option two, which has since changed on the website. Option two now comes with another Lord and Berry product, as opposed to this beast of a shower gel from Anatomicals.This is a full size 250ml bottle, which only retails for £3, but it's enormous! This has a lovely rose scent to it, and once I get through all of my Soap and Glory goodies, I'll be lathering up with this. Also, the packaging is pretty amusing.




Next up we have the Pureology hair mousse. I'm not really sure about this, if there'd been an option without it available, I'd have probably gone for that instead. The bottle says that this is for colour-treated hair, which mine isn't, but I'm sure that won't make much of a difference. I think I'll be giving this a go on a weekend in case it makes my hair look insane.




The hand cream collection has once again increased with this Weleda Sea Buckthorn cream. This has an unusual scent, it's quite orangey and slightly medicinal. Having just tested a small amount on the back of my hand, I'm quite impressed. It's absorbed into my skin really quickly, and it already feels softer. This one will probably get used up pretty quickly!




I also received this cute little eyeshadow from Nyx. I was hoping to get the gold champagne colour shown on the website, but this black sparkly shadow seems like it could be easily blended to achieve a dramatic smoky eye or a more manageable day time look. Pigment wise, it definitely falls into the smoky category, I had to use quite a lot to get the swatch so pigmented. This is a full size product which retails for £5.




And finally, we have this lovely mascara from Cosmetics a la Carte. The packaging is gorgeous, and very high end. I guess that shouldn't be surprising, as this is a full size product and retails at £23! It's got a lovely thin tapered brush, which I find easier to manage than the larger brushes. I've had a quick go with this and its really defined my lashes, and given them plenty of lift.






Overall, very impressive! I love the mix of products we've received, with hair, beauty, and bath & body being included in this months box. I will definitely be keeping my subscription to Love Me Beauty going. I've got a Glossybox and a Birchbox coming this month too, so keep your eyes peeled for the reviews on those.


5 comments:

  1. In my country we don't have great boxes like this.. You are so lucky :)

    Kisses
    Claire
    http://notebookofclaire.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mascara looks amazing! I really like the sound of the hair mousse, too, hope you share your thoughts :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound like the best boxes, I love that you have some say in which items you get - I've managed to not sign up yet but I don't know how long that'll last for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nice box, all the products are a good size! The mascara looks really good! x

    ReplyDelete